Danny delights in summarizing the dramatic comedy that was the Baku Grand Prix while looking forward to a sunny Spring getaway in Catalonia.
We jump from Asia, site of the craziest race of this year, to "Europe," site of the craziest race of last year. What's in store for us from Castle Track?
- Fantasy Formula 1 league invite code: 0b62fe (first character is a zero)
- Comparison video of RAI and VET's qualifying laps in China
- HAR discusses differences between F1 and WEC cars
- WipEout-style "Dresca" logo by Cal Skuthorpe AKA @buzz_clik (here's the whole GB crew and a Renault version)
- VER's true identity
- The ominous red switches inside the medical car
- Nico Rosberg's YouTube channel
- Polygon's article about Scott Speed getting banned from iRacing
- The smallest shoey, courtesy of EC
- An update from RIC and Jenson Button's brewery/shell corporation (thx Barry and Whitney!)
THAT'S what we're talking about! Things get hectic on the track, in the pits, and on the mics under the magical lights of Bahrain.
- McLaren's nose looks weirdly organic (pic 1, pic 2)
- VET defends HAM's use of foul language
- Book rec: The Outsider: A History of the Goalkeeper
- Ferrari crew member has a great sense of humor
- Info on the "fan car" and BBC documentary
- Pulling a Mark Webber: Valencia 2010 and Le Mans 1999 (video is of his teammate, who did the same thing that weekend)
- The Super GT podium and prize
- Bernie just can't let go of the past (thanks Daniel!)
- MotoGP with one of the strangest grids ever
- All the complicated pit crew stuff that happens during a stop
- Pope Francis did indeed bless a Formula E car
The first race of the season is in the books, along with some atrocious broadcast snafus, pit lane flubs, software gremlins, and, to top it all off, a Maldonado sighting.
- ESPN cuts off another sport mid-sentence
- Pirelli's track breakdown for Bahrain
- The average face of an F1 driver
- Gilles Villeneuve's insane rear wing from 1982
- Driver height comparison (2016)
- Kimi loves to party
- Christian Horner's sexy shot (NSFW?)
- F1's Instagram forgets Force India
- An astronaut watching the Australian GP from SPACE
We kick the season off with our customary primer episode geared toward fellow F1 newbies! Go from 0-200 on car, team, and driver knowledge, learn what's new for 2018, and get the lowdown on this weekend's race in Australia!
- Inside F1 is a great resource for all the rules and intricacies of the sport
- Reddit's "spotter's guide" can help pick out drivers and teams on track (original post)
- HBO segment on Hamilton and his brother Nicolas
- Vettel purposefully slamming into Hamilton
- Vettel trying the undercut (with technical analysis)
- Raikkonen's yacht maneuver, interview candor, and Instagram account
- Verstappen putting on a clinic in the rain in Brazil 2016
- Kubica's huge crash in Canada 2007
- The opening-lap crash at Spa 2012 that earned Grosjean a race ban
- The very best of Pastor Maldonado
- Alonso relaxing in a deck chair after his Honda-powered McLaren broke down once again
- Our primer episode on Super GT, the Japanese series with F1 veteran Jenson Button, Gran Turismo Academy winner Jann Mardenborough, and Hatsune Miku
- F1's new theme song by Brian Tyler (contrast with Unreal Tournament 2003)
- IndyCar's season opener was a banger (caution: spoilers in the comments!), as was MotoGP's (find our MotoGP primer here and watch all the races with a subscription here)
- Documentaries mentioned: Williams (Netflix), Senna (Netflix), Grand Prix Driver (Amazon)
We cartwheel across the finish line of the 2017 season by freaking out about the new F1 logo, puzzling over shell corporations, and pondering the future.
- Highlights: Qual, Race, Radio, Onboards
- Final Driver and Constructor standings
- The creation of F1's new logo, with circuit and broadcast mockups
- The new logo's similarity to Wipeout's Feisar (thanks @psylah!)
- @buzz_clik's superior Force India logo
- Great interview with Robert Kubica about driving 2017 F1 cars
- All the 2018 tires and their colors
- F1's eSports championship came down to the wire: watch the full race or last lap
- No-spoiler links to sign up for 2017 seasons of Supercars and MotoGP
- Which driver would you take to a desert island? (thanks @EduardoPaulo!)
- Insane FIA GT pileup in Macau (thanks everyone!)
- That weird beer company is still around (thanks @MintySnacks!)
- Great tribute to Dale Jr.'s last race (thanks @HannonCommaSean!)
On this most important of American Holidays Danny gives thanks for Bernie Ecclestone's retirement and gives you a whistle-stop pre-race podcast of what you need to know going into the final race of the 2017 F1 season.
No rain this year, but we are nonetheless showered with Lap 1 incidents, a war of words over engines, and a tire that goes to 11.
- Highlights: Qual, Race, Radio, Onboards
- Vote on Twitter for what to call the pink tire
- PC Gamer's story about a hospitalized racing driver making a game. Demo here, Kickstarter here. (thanks @frytup!)
- Love blooming in the pit lane (thanks @Graboonie!)
- Lang's Dukes of Hazzard horn as a ringtone ("thanks" Joe and Sara!)
Dave Lang is here to not talk about Massa's retirement. Instead, we discuss sweet treats, crybabies, and running from the feds.
Drew's back from the land of Felipe Pasta just in time for one heck of a race at mile-point-five-high stadium.
Danny and Dave Lang join forces to recap all the action from last week's United States Grand Prix, while looking ahead to this weekend's race south of the border!
Kvyat reaches the end of the road as Marko confirms he won’t return
F1 plans online streaming service for 2018 season
Danny goes for a solo lap around the Circuit of the Americas, discusses Toro Rosso's musical chairs, the possibility of rain, Lewis Hamilton's tough decision, and more.
This week we learn how to crash into the same wall over and over, how to passively-aggressively settle your differences with other drivers, and that you should never, ever leave your phone unlocked around Ricciardo.
- Japan Highlights: Qual, Race, Radio
- The salty pre-Japan driver briefing
- RIC steals HAM's phone
- Sky and Williams Mario Kart it up in Tokyo
- A Giant Bomb fan at the track (thanks @Sticholas!)
- A kid with a 3DS during qualifying (thanks @mitchelldise!)
- A Supercars driver using a squeegee during the Bathurst 1000 (thanks @Nat_Crouch!)
After engine problems, drains, and everything else that went down before the race, things start looking up for everyone, including you, the viewer! TV times they are a-changin', so here's to a 2018 full of races like this one.
The mercury is rising across the planet, so bare those midriffs and get ready for effective-immediately driver swaps, nut shots, and the final (?) Malaysian Grand Prix.
- The 2001 Malaysian GP for free on YouTube
- Williams: The Documentary
- Hot race statz from Fernanda & Aleck!
- SAI v. SAI in dune buggies (thanks Nik!)
- Toto v. DC's balls (thanks Nick!)
- RIC's totally-not-a-shell-corporation brewing company (thanks Stan!). By the way, we somehow missed the most important "co-founder."
When it rains, it pours, and boy did the boys pour on the excitement under the lights. We talk first-turn incidents, the world's slipperiest bridge, and, of course, pulmonary diseases.
Strap a gigantic camera to your head, because you're going to want to capture the start of the 2017 Silly Season. Drivers, teams, and engines fly all over the place ahead of the hot, sticky, safety car-filled nights in Singapore.
In a sea of red stands out the biggest Ferrari fan of all. Dave Lang here to talk grid spot groaning, first person champagne, and who is saltiest after Monza (hint: it's Dave Lang).
F1 is back, baby! We've got the lowdown on Spa along with Polish energy drink reports, driver contracts, and Nationwide-themed marital bling.