Danny goes for a solo lap around the Circuit of the Americas, discusses Toro Rosso's musical chairs, the possibility of rain, Lewis Hamilton's tough decision, and more.
This week we learn how to crash into the same wall over and over, how to passively-aggressively settle your differences with other drivers, and that you should never, ever leave your phone unlocked around Ricciardo.
- Japan Highlights: Qual, Race, Radio
- The salty pre-Japan driver briefing
- RIC steals HAM's phone
- Sky and Williams Mario Kart it up in Tokyo
- A Giant Bomb fan at the track (thanks @Sticholas!)
- A kid with a 3DS during qualifying (thanks @mitchelldise!)
- A Supercars driver using a squeegee during the Bathurst 1000 (thanks @Nat_Crouch!)
After engine problems, drains, and everything else that went down before the race, things start looking up for everyone, including you, the viewer! TV times they are a-changin', so here's to a 2018 full of races like this one.
The mercury is rising across the planet, so bare those midriffs and get ready for effective-immediately driver swaps, nut shots, and the final (?) Malaysian Grand Prix.
- The 2001 Malaysian GP for free on YouTube
- Williams: The Documentary
- Hot race statz from Fernanda & Aleck!
- SAI v. SAI in dune buggies (thanks Nik!)
- Toto v. DC's balls (thanks Nick!)
- RIC's totally-not-a-shell-corporation brewing company (thanks Stan!). By the way, we somehow missed the most important "co-founder."
When it rains, it pours, and boy did the boys pour on the excitement under the lights. We talk first-turn incidents, the world's slipperiest bridge, and, of course, pulmonary diseases.
Strap a gigantic camera to your head, because you're going to want to capture the start of the 2017 Silly Season. Drivers, teams, and engines fly all over the place ahead of the hot, sticky, safety car-filled nights in Singapore.
In a sea of red stands out the biggest Ferrari fan of all. Dave Lang here to talk grid spot groaning, first person champagne, and who is saltiest after Monza (hint: it's Dave Lang).
F1 is back, baby! We've got the lowdown on Spa along with Polish energy drink reports, driver contracts, and Nationwide-themed marital bling.
Radio drama and late-game strats can't hold a candle to the masterful post-race oratory of F1's wisest sages.
Fire up the grille and be good to yourself because it's time for lessons on rubber, 1960s rally driving, and how to speak Australian.
- The FIA statement and BBC analysis of the halo
- Windscreens from 1985 and 1967 feat. Prost
- Serena Williams' interview with HAM
- Now YOU can pay $500 for a slab of foam
- Megan's right, Rosemary Smith is awesome
- And so is the Hillman Imp
- GRO's crowdsourcing the cover of his cookbook (thanks @SilentZero!)
- BOT and HAM test their Maldoknowledge (thanks Nathan and @bobbygondo!)
- By the way, that Journey livery is pretty sweet (thanks @LoneWolfGAM!)
On your plates! It's time for another trip into the salt mines with the mayor, the torpedo, and whoever makes Ferrari's tires.
- Highlights: Qual, Race, Onboards, Radio, RIC climbing the ladder
- GRO's cartwheeling crash gif
- HAM cracking up at RIC's mention of "the torpedo" (thanks @kingoverlord!)
- RIC in space on his YouTube channel
- HAM crowdsurfing while some Finns hang out
- BUT and VAN almost have a bike race (thanks @nomad_175!)
- A 79-year-old woman drives an F1 car (thanks @xaiax!)
- The front lines of the New York ePrix from @matt_leslie35, @BaconGames76, @Spould, and @technoelf!
It's tough to follow a banger like Baku, but Austria gave it a shot at the beginning, end, and... practically nowhere else. But who cares! Danny's back and we've got another race right around the corner!
Austria's chief export may be textiles, but the rumor mills are running full-tilt in regards to Force India's name, Max Verstappen's future, and the return of an F1 great.
Temperatures and tempers reach boiling points in one of the craziest carbon fiber-strewn rage-fests we've ever seen.
- Highlights: Qualifying, Race, Radio, Onboards
- F1's analysis of the "Brake Check"
- F1Fanatic's lap chart is especially crazy this time
- The pit wall computer station of one GENE HAAS (thanks @symesy8!)
- A morsel from Japanese Twitter courtesy of @psylah
Our totally-no-longer-temp art comes to us from Cal Skuthorpe AKA @buzz_clik! Thank you to everyone who submitted! Keep scrolling for more fantastic entries:
E3 may have put the brakes on us for one episode but buckle up because this week we've got team principal shakeups, team order shakedowns, and everyone's favorite starship captain.
- Canada: Qual, Race, Radio, Onboards, Patrick Stewart on the podium
- Azerbaijan: Circuit guide, HAM's disastrous race last year
- F1 2018 calendar released!
- Rare video from inside the Monaco driver briefing
- We're a podcast about racing, so here's some Jack Russel terriers racing
- A look at how Williams' pit crew trains (thanks @bobbygondo!)
- A tattoo of MAS' face (thanks @EduardoPaulo!)
- A T-shirt for real race fans (thanks @Doobit!)
Also: we didn't mention it, but there apparently used to be a tradition at the Canadian Grand Prix where teams would build their own rafts and race them across a pond at the circuit. This was brought back for 2017 and you can watch the whole thing here!
Break out the tinnies (but not the tinnies), because it's time for forks in the road, Hell in Norway, and sick burns all around.
- F1 Fanatic's rundown of Liberty's changes, including camera angles
- Chase Carey's vision for F1 broadcasting in great detail
- Forbes' 100 Highest-Paid Athletes
- Bespiked ice motorcycles (thanks Joseph!)
- RIC and VER tear up the Red Bull Ring with campers (thanks Megan!)
- RAI and VET (but mostly RAI) tear up the pitch (thanks Andrew!)
- Eight hours of the 24 Hours of the Nurburgring (thanks Erik!)
- A supercut of McLaren-Honda's mechanical failures (thanks Sean!)
- One sexy shot of HUL's Renault (thanks Mike!)
Drew and Danny prove they aren't the same person by appearing in the same room to talk about an exciting car race and the Monaco Grand Prix.
- Highlights: Qualifying, Pole Lap, Race, Radio, Onboards
- RIC on his danger area
- RAI's once-crying fan now smiling
- What oil on the track can do in MotoGP
- Formula E Monaco full race (round 5), Paris full race (round 6)
- Indy 500:
Today on Sports vs. Birds, Drew's back to discuss dangerous eating establishments, rad old cameras, the return of a favorite, and that of a LEGEND.
- Indy 500 starting grid
- Modern F1 pics with a camera from 1913
- RIC's heartbreaking Monaco 2016 pit stop
- Tire selections for Monaco (and tire rules)
- ALO does his best Randy Johnson impression and kills two birds with one car
- A fantastic IndyCar primer for F1 fans from Reddit (thanks Greg!)
- IndyCar's new bodywork designs
- As promised, ALO on a skateboard
Danny takes you around 66 laps of Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya as we recount all bumping and grinding from this weekend's Spanish Grand Prix.